Several months ago I received a precious gem in the mail.
I read it, laughed out loud about 93875028475 times, and then set it down. And meant to publish this post, you know, forever ago.
Then I read on Katelyn’s blog that she got her letter too, and I really enjoyed seeing what her goals were as a 17 year old. Kate and I have had some funny times looking back on how much we have changed since we were in high school and even college, and so this letter was like icing on the cake.
My “short term” goals were:
- Graduate high school and go to college (check)
- Get a 4 or 5 on AP Calc Exam (Got a 3)
- Get a 5 on AP Psyc Exam (Got a 4)
- Be able to do a full (check)
- Place in the top five at FCC Nationals (Top 2 & 3 at NCA College Ntnls, bam)
- Go to cosmetology school (HAHA)
- Get a puppy (DAD, see, I need it…)
- Study Abroad (I tried to go to Thailand but that got shot down)
- Maintain my high school friends through college (well…)
And finally, my “Long Term” goals:
- Get married & have at least 3 kids (LOL)
- Own a lake house and boat (With whose money?)
- Work as a genetic counselor (I hated my intro to genetics professor)
- Travel to Europe (Rome, Italy, Paris, ect. check)
- Go to Australia (Katelyn?)
- Go skydiving
Sure is funny to look back on the things you were looking forward too :)
How much have your goals changed since high school?