This upcoming week is my last full week living in Raleigh and aside from all of my many feelings over that, I have also been stressed/freaking out about the upcoming year. Although my lease does not end until the last day of August, I will be physically moving out on the 27th- which is in 10 days. Yikes. This week I will be nannying every day, plus M will be in town, so I need to start packing ASAP.
Every year since I started undergrad in 2007 I have moved. From living in two different dorms on campus (Tucker and Bragaw), to a house in downtown Raleigh, to an apartment, back to Winston Salem for year, and then back to Raleigh for the past year. Now, I’m off to the blue ridge mountains to start my dietetic internship.
I have loved my squirrel’s nest in Raleigh so so so much and have been so lucky to live in the cutest most convenient location for downtown. Besides packing like a maniac, I plan to spend my last week doing all of my favorite things with some of my favorite people.
Instead of rambling on an on about the past year, I decided to make a list of the Top 10 Perks of living at Grosvenor Gardens:
1. The building is secluded and private.
2. I literally have felt like I live in a garden.
3. A new brewery, Trophy, opened up RIGHT behind my apartments with amazing beer and pizza with fresh, local ingredients.
4. It is a 5-10 minute walk to anywhere Glenwood St. and a 10-15 minute walk to most places on Fayetville St, meaning that all the good food and fun places to hang are within walking distance.
5. The apartments are reasonably priced, and I was able to manage on a tight budget. Also, beacuse they are studio apartments, my power bill was usually $15-$25 dollars a month and water is included in the price of rent. Boom.
6. My neighbors have been pretty cool. Everyone here keeps to themselves for the most part, but the people that I have met have been really friendly.
7. The building itself is old and very charming. Each apartment has it’s own quirks.
8. Super close to my nanny house
9. The area is safe.
10. Our landlord is nice, and forgiving, especially when my rent check got lost in the mail, they forgave me of the late fee.
So long Raleigh, I’ll see you soon!!!